Friday, April 07, 2006

A Less Cryptic Post

Last night was great. I got to wander around, but some things for Cuba, and continue my once-a-week sushi streak. Ainaz and I had coffee and a generally awesome time wandering around Bloor street gossiping and book-buying. I felt perky and refreshed afterwards.

And so far, today's been great too. I'd actually been dreading it for a while, since so many things could have happened to make it tedious and frustrating. Yes folks, today is International "Jen gets a Passport" Day. So begrudgingly, I set my alarm lats night for 6:50am, and mentally prepared myself to wait for hours in a muggy room full of unsmiling people clutching their important documents and unsmiling photos. Instead, I woke up full of energy at 6am, got up and leisurely got ready, and was out the door bright and early. On my way to the passport office, I was given multiple samples of skin cream (random, but awesome nonetheless), and was queued (what a crazy word!) up by 7:50. Watched the cutest & nicest security person ever address the group already waiting ahead of me: "Good moooorning ladies and gentlemen..." (and then waited for the grade-school-esque response) "And how are you all doing this morning? ... Ok, I'll take numbers 1 through 15 now," all of this done with the warmest attitude I've ever seen in a government office.

BUT THEN!

I go hand my forms to the form-checker (who may have another title, but I'm sure this one is far more accurate). He looks over my documents, scrawls something on my application, and calls the security guard over: "This one's a G!" Uh-oh... what's a G? Nobody will answer this question for me as I'm led away from the group waiting to get into line, and away from the actual line too - WHAT'S A G?!

BUT THEN!

I get put ahead of everone else and I'm out of the office by 8:03, happy as can be and with plenty of time to grab a coffee and show up at school and see Deborah and just generally be in a great mood. Thanks world, you rule. And G, for the record, probably stands for Grrrrrreat!

AND NOW!

This should clear things up for Sar... People :) This is what yesterday's post should have looked like (please note the dramatic increase of male models):

A parcel arrives! Addressed to me! (and since I don't want the world to know my address, I'll let you conjure up that image yourself)

Unwrapping the outer layers, I notice a cryptic message:


Lo, what treasures are found!


Megan, toasting herself months in advance because she knows what an awesome friend she is!



Long story short: A completely unexpected parcel full of love & chocolate and the best shirt ever (Kurt pointed out that it's odd that shirts have started to be designed just for me!) has completely brightened my week. So once again, thank you!

2 comments:

megan said...

wow, you are a passport princess... you should try and sell that idea to the Barbie people.

you're welcome! i agree with kurt, some shirts are just totally jen-ified... like that one... i had no choice in the matter, i just HAD to give it to you. i hope you like the book when you get a chance to read it! it's one of the greatest books ever!!!

Anonymous said...

What does this short look like???? Need to see!!!!
Again, sorry about coffees. I ended up finishing early and tried to catch you to take the bus, but you'd left all ready. Boo.