Monday, April 17, 2006

All bunnied out.

Woo - I did the whirlwind again!

Mark and I went to London on Thursday, since we had the honour of being invited to Megan's first ever book reading - for her first ever book!!! I'm wishing I'd brought my camera, cause it's not everyday you get to see Miss M wearing a skirt, although I'm sure the 'seeing her in front of a spellbound audience' thing will happen with increasing frequency. Thursday was also the first super-nice day of the year, which I was almost completely unprepared for. For the first time ever, I walked (with Mr M) from the greyhound station to Western and let the first rays of sun get down and cancerous with my arms. We were just in time for Megs' reading, which was fantastic - spellbound was not at all an exaggeration. I also (finally) got to meet her mom and sister (hi!), who were every bit as great as they come across in Megan's stories.

I missed out on the patio relaxing with the thesis bunch downtown, but I had a very nice Grad Club patio experience with my former advisor and his Friday buddies (Last Friday being a holiday, drinking Friday was moved to Thursday so that no festivities would be missed). I then caught a (free!) bus downtown, meeting up with Megan's bunch as they headed to a dress shop for martinis, although the 'plying us with alcohol' didn't really convince us to make any purchases. We then had my favourite kind of night: sitting around eating thai takeout, drinking wine, chatting, and watching dvds.

Friday brought Marka nd I back to Richmond Hill, and the greyhound let us do some intensive reading (Megan - I finished Vernon God Little and was in tears by the end. I found it to be a really difficult book to read just because I felt my stomach twisting the entire way through, but I'm really glad I read it, and found myself thoroughly rewarded by the end). I had a really nce time with Mark's family - I feel so included :) Best surprise ever: sushi! My streak continues, hotter than ever. Then: played some poker, watched some violence. Went shopping with Mark's mom (and Mark) on Saturday, and he's going to be the hottest guy in Cuba (but will remain nice and cool in his linens).

Then Whitby for TWO Easter dinners (on two different nights), featuring hckey (saturday) and Poker/Narnia (Sunday). On a side note that is actually pretty relevant and not side at all, my mom is awesome. Best Easter dinner EVER. All of this leaved me with enough chocolate to gain 2978196 pounds and be hyper till next Easter. Today, I go running.

PS- driving back from Whitby this morning, Mark and I caved and listened to the Edge. It was HORRIBLE. But then they played Death Cab for Cutie (soul meets body). Fine. And then the announcer comes back on, and gives me my quote of the day:

"yeah.... so... that's pretty much the gayest song we play." LOL. So true. Except for that Nickelback shite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! sounds like a great easter weekend. all the components are there: fame, travel, the Grad Club, reading, greyhound, shopping, gambling, eating chocolate, and the Edge. Couldn't ask for more. Maybe Nickleback?