Friday, April 21, 2006

Islands made of Sushi

So much sushi.

Megan will probably not want to read this post, as it may turn her stomach, but last night marked the occasion of me finally converting one of my friends into a sushi-lover. Mark and I went with Andrea and Maggie to Sushi Island on College St., which turned out to be one of the best all-you-can-eats ever. Everyone except for mark had to basically be rolled out of there like overstuffed maki. I think between the four of us, we ordered 15 different types of rolls, from the normal (caterpillar roll, spicy tuna) to the adventurous (fire and ice, black dragon) to the "what the hell is this?! (chinchin = beef & cream cheese, orange fever with CHEDDAR). Conclusions brown rice rolls are the awesome, rolls that are clearly for novelty's sake should be avoided, and Maggie + eel or wasabi = puke face. Also, Andrea's stories are entertaining enough that we really should have paid for her dinner.

Afterwards, Mark and I stopped by the Pour House for Kurt's birthday, ran into Dave King, and told everyone in earshot how mark wondered if parrots came from eggs. Good times indeed!

3 comments:

sarah said...

i love sushi. we must go out for sushi one day soon. this summer. promise me. here's my new blog. don't tell anyone. :)

megan said...

"and told everyone in earshot how mark wondered if parrots came from eggs."

you see?? sushi makes people CRAZY! it's the food of the devil! it's a government conspiracy! it's an alien invasion and soon all you sushi-lovers will have aliens ripping out of your stomach like in the movie!

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

Anonymous said...

As long as the aliens dance, like in Spaceballs, that's cool with me.