Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Haywood (ya like to dance with me?)

Wonderful news today: In my daily music blog searching, I saw that a song from Haywood's 7" had been posted [here]. From there, I found Haywood's [Myspace page] which has even MORE songs, including a song from a NEW Haywood cd, which is supposedly out sometime this year. For some reason, any Haywood-related find makes me feel like it's Christmas. I have such a huge spot in my heart for this band - they're part of the reason I fell for Mark, since he put "Six Stars" on the Sad Mix that won my heart (even though it isn't really very sad, it's more of a heart-brimming with love song to my ears). I hadn't been able to find them anywhere, until one day I found "We are Amateurs, You and I" at Deja Vu in Oshawa - which was the best used music find ever (followed closely by the Dismemberment Plan/Juno Split that had my favouite songs from each of the bands). So I was elated today to add FOUR new Haywood songs to my collection, and to have the hope of a new album by the band. SOO EXCITED!

Haywood - A Pair of Tragic Paper Kites (upcoming release!!)
Get Haywood on iTunes


Three wonderful additions to Jen: I've rediscovered my hairdryer, I'm wearing the lovely shawl Seema's mom brough back for me from Pakistan (awww), and my mom's loaning me one of her rings. Hooray for stylish Jen, available for a limited time only.

I'm amazed by people's addictions to cell phones. I understand that they're necessary sometimes, but seriously? do you need to have conversations when you're out for dinner in a restaurant? Do you need to blare ringtunes when you're cooped up on a bus with 20 other people who really don't want to hear your ganster rap? Do you need to have conversations in the BATHROOM?! Seriously, I'm very tempted half the time to throw those phones out of a window, or in the case of the latter, into the toilet. Geez.

2 comments:

megan said...

hahahaha, this is the most random blog post ever... haywood --> jen's style --> cell phone hatred.

I'm glad you're feeling good though! I hope you're not one of those people who is going to get a fake tan before heading to a place where a real tan is possible. I doubt that you are. Are any new bathing suit purchases on the horizon??? Because I need to get one too... maybe if you come to London next week we could shop together! And my mom and bronwyn too!

Jen said...

Haha - I'm actually tempted to get a fake tan! I'm not sure whether my desire to avoid skin cancer will trump my desire to not be laughed at on the beach... I think I'm just going to hope that we get some awesome weather here before we go so that I can fry my skin the natural way.

I think my cheapness will win out anyways though :)