Saturday, July 15, 2006

You waited for Saturday

It's ten past nine on Saturday morning. I'm sitting at my desk at York, and have been here for about a half hour now. I've felt a change in myself these past few days - if it's not exactly 'motivation,' it's at least a 'get stuff done' drive. I've turned down some super fun stuff this weekend in order to focus on studying and my thesis, and I'm hoping that I can carry through. Studying is going pretty well - I'm almost through biology, and then I get to have some fun with orgo chem. I think I'm actually looking forward to reviewing physics (although after orgo, anthing will be a welcome break).

I've also been having some serious trouble sleeping - I've had to resort to taking mild sleeping pills for the past two nights. Mostly, this is because I've had no option to sleep in in the morning, which I'm hoping to do a teeny bit of tomorrow. I think that starting Monday, I'm going to try to shift into healthy mode and see if that fixes it.

(ps - in case you wondered why I'm at York so early, it's because there's a migraine workshop going on. I'm hoping it will give me good thesis ideas)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I have a good thesis idea ... how many grad students in close quarters doing monotonous tests on lab rats (ie. people)does it take before they all have insomnia?

Jen said...

I'm not sure about grad students... but we have 3 summer undergrads now, near the time of my insomnia...

I think a good sontrol for your proposed experiment would be the grad students conducting monotonous tasks on ACTUAL lab rats. I feel sorry for them - they actually can't sleep. "Hey guys, excuse my massively large coffees. I was taking scin conductance responses from 18 rats at 2am, 3am, 4am,5am...."

Anonymous said...

If you ever need potential questions.... my years of teaching physiology-like classes may come in handy!

megan said...

you know what you need, jen?
some CEREAL!

(see: my blog)