Friday, July 07, 2006

Trashbag update!

Sharon and I have secured our BFF status, as we now have matching tank tops, hair bands, and dresses. According to our logic though, if our friendship disintegrates, we'll both owe American Apparel about $20, so we'd better not have any fights. Although, if it's her fault, I'm totally making her pay my $20 too. Also, Megan called me last night at almost midnight just to tell me that she'd be my trashbag bikini BFF! Hooray. Also, for anybody who has not expressed a desire to be my bff, you should still consider buying the dress, because it is super flattering (adjectives! Just for Sharon!).

Today, aside from spending money that I shouldn't have, has been all kinds of awesome. I met up with Sharon around 3, found out that her interview went really well. Upon arrival at her car, we found that not only had it not been towed, there was no ticket even though she hadn't paid for parking. We went to York, and had about as much fun as can be had while doing psychophysics. Then, shopping and dinner with Mark at Jalapenos, where we had delicious food and a brief feeling of being back in Cuba. I wish every night was like this!

Tomorrow: hopefully get to see John at some point, and super-secret-exciting date day with Mark. I'm going to wear my new dress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I work at American Apparel in LA! I loved reading your post. Here we are printing BFF posters and making I [heart] my BFF buttons, and there you are saving money.

We have a blog called Daily Update on our website (http://www.americanapparel.net/presscenter/dailyupdate/index.asp), and we recently added this feature where everyone, including our customers, can post entries. It's under the "Be A Contributor" heading. So maybe you could take a picture of you and your BFFs in your finds, and post it there? Tell us how our BFF sale has brought you closer? Just kidding, tell us whatever you want.

I hope you wowed Mark with your new dress!!!

(P.S. I lived in Toronto half of my life. My little sister works at the AA store on Bloor.)

Anonymous said...

ok, I'm out of the loop.. what exactly is a bff.. and ar eyou required to wear the same clothes to have one?

Jen said...

BFF stands for best friend forever - it was likely coined by some preteen magazineAs used by american apparel, it refers to the discount you get if you and a friend buy the same thing. Sharon and I aren't really at risk of looking stupid together thouhg, since she's in London and I'm in Toronto. I'm happy because I got that dress that I probably would have bought (eventually) anyway for 25% off :)