Tuesday, July 25, 2006

a not-so-coherent post

Sorry about the lack of updates - the last few days have been quite busy, and there has been a lot of home/family stuff. On Saturday, Mark and I made our way over to Brampton to see Sharon play some softball, and I get to add the skill of shoulder-rehabilitator to my resume. Shar's brother's family was also there, resulting in me holding 6 week old baby Olivia. It was determined that baby-holding automatically results in hip-swaying... it's like human arms have baby receptors, that, when activated, turn on the sway mechanism. Afterwards, I went out for Maggie's birthday which contained good times with Mel and Fadi and drunk Maggie.

Sunday was the anniversary of my grandfather's death. The whole family got together for dinner, and my nana had a mass said for him. It should have been sad, but my family has a special talent for bringing lightness and humour. Anyways, I think he would have liked that we celebrated him with a fancy dinner at one of his favourite places :)

The plan for now is to stay in Whitby for the week and look after the dog, which has meant really shitty commutes for yesterday and today. I think I'll work from home for the next couple of days, and hopefully that means I'll actually work. And sleep, I need sleep. What I don't need is another 2.5 hour commute - yuck!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I hope my friends throw a rock concert for my funeral - and celebrate the same way you celebrate your grandfather's life - with respect and joy.

Jen said...

It may have to be a country concert, and hopefully not for a very long time!!

Sharon said...

I know it's the weekend and stuff... but there must be exciting things happening in your world that merit sharing... GET BLOGGING -- LOVE YOU!! ps - you only have yourself to blame for introducing me to the whole thing.