Friday, July 21, 2006

Brave New Frontiers

Last night, I ate one of these:



Except in biological form. And it was actually six of them. I still can't get over the thought-barrier that lets me thing that I'm eating a slimy graden-crawler, but if I separate the thought from the experience then it's all good.

It was a pretty great day/night - I got a lot of work done on my thesis (data analysis = almost done!), and spent the night with my parents and maggie doing fun stuff in the city. Mom and dad took Mark and I out for dinner - we did the summerlicious special at L'Escargot (hence me eating snails) and we had a really lovely time. The restaurant was quite nice, with an inviting atmosphere and excellent food quality. Afterwards, we dropped off some buckets and a mom at Maggies, and then walked to College and Spadina to see Basia play her best show yet. Good times; and hopefully people will stop tempting me with good things to do for a while.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Aw... I wanted to see Basia play... Next time.

Sharon said...

snails.... EWWW... I kinda look at eating snails along the same lines of ewww as the fear factory foolisheness. Unless there's a chance I'm winning 100,000 those are not crossing my lips - but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the experience. Awesome news about the data analysis too! Keep working and you'll get to the defense before ya know it! Thanks again for coming to watch me play ball. Now Paula isn't my only friend in my fan club.

Paula said...

I may not be the only member of the fan club any more, Jen you are welcome addition - but I still have "puke" status! lol - sounds gross - but actually is an honor!

Jen said...

Sarah- I'm so sorry! I had meant to post about the show but ran out of time!!

And Shar - makes sense. I could allow it only because they are EXTREMELY similar to mussels, and I love mussels.

Paula - You're the puke firend, I'm the allergy friend. I doubt anyone else in the fan club gets the object of adoration sick as frequently as I do!!

Sharon said...

Hahahah -- you guyz got a true out loud laugh from me tonight... Thanks guyz!! I needed it.