Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Stormwatching

Last night ended up being an unexpectedly late one for me. I didn't get home until close to 10, and a lack of Mark and heavy eyelids almost drew me in to sleep. But then, I called Megan, and was infused with the usual lifey-giddyness that occurs during our brief plan-filled calls. I was sorta hoping she wouldn't be able to go to Montreal anytime soon, because I really should be studying, but she has promised to make me study, so.... road trip! Next weekend. And I'm not driving, so much fun with Orgo will be had in the car; enough fun that when we drive past the big apple I will be able to describe its comonents in intimate detail.

Than, Mark and Kurt came in, with Slurpees. And we watched the storm. We headed briefly towards the parkette across the street from the apartment, but thought better of it and sat on the stoop after seeing fantastic lightning. At one point, the winds picked up enough to bend the trees right down, and I was sure some of them would just break. The wind made its way over to us, but managed to sand-blast us rather than bend us down. Good times - I've missed seeing storms like that. I used to love watching them from the guest bedroom windows back in Whitby, but its hard now, with me living by windows that only look at the apartment across the alley.

Also, check out bloglines. It's kinda like a friends page for blogs - saves having to check out each site individually! Also, it lets you know when there are updates.

3 comments:

megan said...

I hear sandblasting is great for the complexion!

I also hear that you are the next conspiracy theorist... versus the bookstore! you should tell that story.

I ALSO hear that we're going on a road trip! WHOOOOOO!!!! I will wikipedia "organic chemistry" and bring the results with me. wikipedia has everything you need to know!

Anonymous said...

slurpees make any event/time a better one by increasing the fun level by 600%

Sharon said...

Jen I need instructions. I clicked on the bloglines link but there are too many options. You must be explicit - give me clear and precise direction and I will follow... and update - I'm going to visit Raf in August... .YAYA!!