Monday, March 06, 2006

To my chicas and my chicos

Wow - today was far too hectic. I got into work nice and early, despite my slowly worsening sore throat that made last night kinda not fun, and my things to do list just keeps growing. I sat in on a job talk this morning, met someone who may do her Ph.D. in the lab, and at four I'm going to go invigilate some exam. I had a nice late lunch with Jaime, although when I got back, I found that I was late for an appointment with a subject - he wasn't on my handy-dandy calender, meaning that I wasn't prepped. Oi. Things got a bit calmer, although I'm pretty happy now about being home, curling up with some soup and watching the 24 double-feature.

Now, here is my MTL update (please also go see Megan's site, because I'm sure she will have much better pictures than I do). Instead of doing my day by day, all I can really say is that it was awesome. I'm pretty sure my brain would explode if I tried to relive everything in written word. Seriously though, Megan is the bestest to go on a road trip with seriously - BFF OMG! It was her fantastic idea to fill the driving part with teen quiz magazines, in which we found out that generally, we're pretty mature fourteen year olds, and that we're the type of chica's who have closets crying out for shrunken jackets (I'm so sorry closet, I never knew...).

Jaime and James, if either of you ever read this, thanks for being awesome hosts and tour guides! I must say that I've never been to a bar that fancy in my entire life...

I think the very best part of the trip was feeling like I did some actual bonding. It's so nice living with Mark (and being home to him and Annie) but I seriously miss girl time and girl moments sometimes. So Megan, thank you. You are one awesome Chica and I'm looking forward to visiting you next year already! (Not implying that I'll not be visiting you before then!) I think there should be many more late night giggle-fests, and I'll try not to tease you about your camera-happy ways (now in Sepia!).

After all was done (including the van dying in Cobourg... not so good news on that front...), it was so nice to be home to Mark, Annie, and THIS. I feel utterly loved and important.


(ps - the chicas and chicos refers to the infiltration of 'hip' words from the quiz magazines that filled the road trip)

No comments: