Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I woke up thirsty...

I can't get over how much I'm loving the Islands cd I bought on a whim in Montreal. About ten seconds into the first song, I'm smitten. I love everything about it - the tone, the crazy multi-instrumentation (I think all the indie heavyweights have been brought in to contribute: half of the Arcade Fire, Jim Guthrie, Micheal Feurstack aka Snailhouse, plus many more that Im forgetting), and the lyrics are some of the best/cutest/most entertaining I've ever read. It carries some of the same themes as The Unicorns' Who Will Cut Our Hair when We're Gone?-namely death and being cute - while still managing to sound very different. Really, it's just fun to listen to.

Other than that little love-in, not much is happening. I had a great weekend, lot's of walking around in the sunshine, hanging out with good people, and adventures in cheese. I gave blood yesterday for the first time in probably 6 years, and it went really well - seems I've gotten over that whole 'fainting' thing. It was definitely worth it, since I'm a huge fan of that peach juice they give you with oatmeal cookies, and I guess the knowing that someone might carry around my red blood cells and be really happy about it is also pretty good.

1 comment:

megan said...

hooray, Islands!

You know, when you think about it... we live on one!

ps - thanks for the music you sent me today! my ipod is juiced & ready for tomorrow now!