Thursday, October 19, 2006

V&V

I have a new rule for my friends: get jobs that bring you to Toronto every once in a while. Better yet, get jobs in Toronto. I got to see Sharon last night thanks to a two-day meeting that she's in town for, and it was so nice being able to have someone just drop by and save me from my normal routine (home, six feet under, sleep). I think that if I could have anything right now (other than secured admission to med school), it would be to take Megan, Paula, Maggie, and Sharon and place them all in apartments on my floor. And I'd move my floor up to the top floor. Brilliant!

French is coming along.... I was able to tell my teacher last night that I forgot to bring my homework, and also to answer a question, in French, without feeling like a total dolt. Before you know it, I'll be able to talk about how much I don't know, but IN FRENCH! Mes devoirs pour cette semaine (Megs, Shar - is that right?): compile a list of 3-5 phrases about what I did this summer, oh THAT will be fun.

Tonight will be nice - relaxing, possibly look for something cheap and nice to wear to convocation on Saturday. Tomorrow Mark and I are going to a "velour and velvet" party with his Frisbee team (they won the B division national championship!!), but I have nothing velour OR velvet to wear. Salvation army? Or - American Apparel?! I think it might be a little bit cold to wear THIS (but think of the awesomeness!):



Also - got my mcat scores, and they're pretty much how I expected them to be. Not so swell in the sciences, since I had no time to study thanks to the thesis, but I'm really happy with the other scores. My essay score was shocking - v. high score for basically the worst writing I've ever done in my life. It's making me feel a bit more confident that if I can get down to studying for the January or (more likely, the) April exam, I can actually do a really good job at it.

6 comments:

megan said...

I like your new rule a lot! except you should make montreal your home base, and move everyone here! we could all live in side-by-side walk-ups! in fact, i'm suspicious that your whole "learning french" shtick right now has to do with a deep-seeded wish to come and live near me in m-town. and we could holiday in france!

ps - awesome use of french.

sarah said...

Hey no excuse for not seeing me!! Hmph.

When I was taking French in Banff two winters ago, I would get a headache after class from thinking in French so much. It's cause I didn't practice outside of class. Do you practice? Sometimes I'd watch the Family Guy with the French audio on. That probably helped a lot.

Paula said...

anywhere but windsor sounds pretty nice to me!

megan said...

you can ALL move to montreal! any friend of jen's is a friend of megan's. which reminds me, i keep thinking i see kurt around here. montreal has a lot of kurt look-alikes!

also i think sarah's suggestion is a great one! one of my friends here says she basically learned english by watching 90210!

Sharon said...

My dear Jen... your wish is my command, find me a vacant apartment in TO... seriously.

Sharon said...

ok details... two bedrooms, air conditioning, laundry inside, parking garage incl, room for my appliances (incl. dishwasher), no previous CATS, quiet or soundproof walls, and a pool if possible. Are there other places in Maggie's place available?