Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quiet-Time Activities

Despite my memory telling me that Miss M was not too fond of it, I started reading "No Great Mischief" by Alistair Macleod and I'm really enjoying it. It seems that as much as I try to get outside the rural/maritime themes in CanLit, I keep falling back into it. It's all Megan's fault. Upside: not having to read the Metro on the Subway. Update: The M loooooves the MacLeod. I'm just crazy.

The weekend was nice, lots of family and friends and time for naps. If you have naptime, and wake up early, you can print and colour your own Jen.



Alternatively, you can bake her some cookies (for the real Jen, please).

4 comments:

Sharon said...

what? did you say something? I'm sorry I wasn't listening...

megan said...

hey, i LOVE "no great mischief"! alistair macleod is fabulous... he wrote that novel by hand in one single draft, sitting in his cabin in cape breaton! isn't that amazing??? i wrote a big essay on that novel last year, mostly about the dogs and their relationship to the human world... anyway, yeah, totally awesome book!

and there is nothing wrong with good old rural CanLit! that's what i write, after all!

whooo farming/fishing!

Jen said...

Oops, my bad! I've fixed it now though, just in case he stumbles across the blog while google-searching himself. I'm thinking now that it was this guy on my msn list who didn't like him. But his name also starts with M!

Paula said...

thats an awesome drawing! so cool