Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday, day of rest.

I'm feeling not very refreshed after my 9-hour sleep last night, because it wasn't nearly enough to make up for the total lack of sleep over the weekend. I got to feel pretty lame on Friday after watching a What Not to Wear marathon with my mom, and then waiting up till 2:30 for my dad to call for a ride home from his night of beer and wings. He decided to find his own way home instead, forgetting that I was waiting up, and his feeling bad landed me his car rather than my mom's van for my road trip to guelph. For those (everyone) who don't know, his car has the best car stereo EVER (and air conditioning!). I think it could make even Britney spear sund fantastic. I had a very nice time blaring Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and other newly acquired music all the way to the Will Ferrel Marathon.

Speaking f Will Farrell marathons - if you're told that there's going to be a movie marathon followed by going to a bar, you're going to assume this things starts early, right? i figured Marathon = 3 movies, which at 2 hours each should mke a good start time about oh, 2 pm? I showed up at 1:30, figuring I'd be right on time with a chance to hit up the LCBO, only to find out I was SIX AND A HALF hours early. I'm the most unfashionable person in Ontario I think ;) It gave a me a chance to catch up with Aine, Lesley and Ben and get the nachos eaten before other people showed up to devour them.

In other Ferrell-a-thon news, they were actually raising money for will ferrell. They had a big thermometer sign (Ferrellometer) and a Save Ferrell cup that was passed around the party AND the bar. People at the bar chipped in about $10 - they love their Ferrell. Lesley is going to convert this money to cheque form, and mail it off to Ferrel, so he might be able to get a nice hot meal out of it. S random - but a very very fun thing to do at a bar.

No comments: