Monday, February 06, 2006

Restlessness making me crazy

This weekend was very Friday-heavy. By that I mean that anything that happened, happened on Friday. Mark and I took my dad to see Neko Case at Lee's palace (finding out pretty late that this was actually a Sadies show *with* Neko Case). Arriving there, found out that what was actually happening was The Sadies wanting to record a live album, and inviting everyone they've ever collaborated with to join them. Neko was really only featured in about two songs, and I can't believe that I wasn't dissapointed by that! It was definitely one of the best shows I've -ever- seen, and I can't believe how much fantasticness I got for my ticket.

The guests:

Neko Case, Kelly Hogan, Gary Louris, Rick White, Blue Rodeo, Jon Langford, The Good Brothers, The Deadly Snakes, Heavy Trash, Garth Hudson, Jon Spencer, The Unintended


Wow.

Show started at about 10, and wasn't over until 2am. I'm going to put up some pictures, probably tomorrow, but until then, check out these photos that are way better than mine:

Chromewaves


Other things: Mark got sick (boo), I got tired on Saturday and kicked myself in the ass for being so lame. Honestly, at 24 I should be going out on Saturday nights, not staying home making brownies (although they were very yummy). I was so bored yesterday that I vowed not to let it happen again. I think I may get myself a part-time job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. Although do you really want to COMMIT to working on saturday nights?

megan said...

hey! I stayed in on Saturday night TOO! All my roommates went out boozing, but I stayed here and made muffins... it's like our lazy vibes were completely connected!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was in on Saturday night ....EASTERN TIME that is.

I was out partying till 6am here. Good ol' lack of last call, makes partying all night pretty common. Toronto should look into abolishing the wretched 'last call'.