Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pass the tissue...

Argh - It seems that I'm getting sick. I debated for a while whether to come into work this morning, but decided at 8 that I felt significantly better than at 7, I made a mad rush to get in by 9. I probably would have stayed home had this been a less busy day, since I really don't want to pass anything to people here or on the subway, but at the moment I'm not feeling anything worse than a runny nose. It's funny though - being sick is really encouraging me to take good care of myself - I'm eating really well, tons of fruit, juices, soups - and wondering why I can't just do that all the time.

My childhood best friend got married over that weekend, which was strange and wonderful at the same time. My mind kept flitting to memories of us going to see movies, drooling over rock stars and having sleepovers. We haven't kept in touch as much as I'd have liked over the past few years, but hopefully that can be changed in the coming years. The wedding was nice, and most importantly, they both seemed really happy. Also, everyone got some good entertainment out of me attempting to watlz (can't really count to three sometimes...) and polka.

Also: apple picking! Yay! I had the best apple of my life on Saturday morning, fresh from the tree. The orchard we go to has an attached winery, wonderful for relaxing after picking bags after bag of apples - I tried about 5 different types of fruit wines, and picked up a few for Girls Christmas!

2 comments:

megan said...

argh I'm sick too! the metro is not looking so good to me anymore.

on another note... yay wine!

Jen said...

Awww - feel better! I'm starting to today :)