Thursday, September 14, 2006

JERBSCMA

Two years, and two letters appended to my name. I defended my thesis on Tuesday, and apparently it went pretty well (I'm a very poor judge of my public speaking, so I have to rely on other people's reports). I was taken out for lunch, for dinner, flowered, and peachy penguined. And oddly enough, when it was over I didn't even feel good. For the first day or so, I actually felt like crying, and not even in a relieved way! Saner heads have told me that it's a release-from-stress reaction, and I believe them, but I really can't wait for the belief and the relief to hit. I imagine that probably won't come until the graduation ceremony, but I guess as long as it comes at some point I'll be happy!

Ok, before anyone sits here thinking that I'm some crazy, depressed little girl, let me point out that I'm actually pretty happy. Just not the expected state of ecstatic. I'm fine - I actually have time to DO stuff now, and I've been starting to get excited about that. I'm also still working on some applications, hopefully to be finished in the next couple of weeks.

I may get to see Sharon tonight on her way back to Ingersoll via Toronto, and possibly even a lil' bit o Paula this weekend! If not, I will make sure all of my ladies get plenty of Jen time very soon. For now, they will have to settle for internet love. Thanks for your patience!

Something I do feel bad about: Not giving a huge public shout out out out out to Mark, who was super to me this week, and who also birthdayed this week. Thank you for letting me practise my defense on you rather than go out partying on your birthday. I'll make it up to you by playing RISK like a champ this weekend. I loooove you!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So proud of your two new letters!!! I completely understand the odd feeling of being done - it'll feel better once you've convocated. And, you'll have plenty of time to put serious effort into planning our new adventures! Which, a have to say, adds an invaluable asset to your friendship offerings.

Sharon said...

I don't know how to edit... that should say "I have to say" -- not "a have to say"... :D