Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Terrible Grace

Anyone familiar with my building at York knows of the tunnel. This is an important tunnel - it connects us to the building housing the Tim Hortons, oh, and a library. A miracle of modern construction, the tunnel (built about 5 years ago) floods with water every time it rains. While coming back from Timmy's this morning, large coffee in hand, I was trying to maneuver around the folks given the task of mopping up the water, and ended up slipping in the massive puddle that I didn't quite step over in my pretty new shoes. I ended up doing the splits (I'm not wearing something split-friendly today), BUT not only did I not fall, I didn't even spill my coffee. My clumsy years have finally paid off! I can not not fall! And I can do it all with a terrible grace. Unfortunately, this also means that I don't get to sue York for damages and retire at 25.

4 comments:

Phronk said...

That's quite the skill! I'm jealous...sometimes I spill my coffee while I'm sitting still and it's on the desk beside me.

Jen said...

It's taken years of practice. I've been known to fall out of chairs (not even the wheelie kind) while sitting on them at desks. I think this just means that I'm mastering the art of good recoveries.

Paula said...

Wow - its like you are a horse back rider or something ;)

Unknown said...

It makes me laugh that the tunnel floods so often. It was built like 5 years ago. Shouldn't we have some technology to prevent that?