Monday, March 05, 2007

Another weekend has been added to my list of good weekends. Unfortunately, there was no Paula sighting (does this mean 6 more weeks of winter? I hope not.), but fun was had at Sharon's party anyways. We played headbands (I refuse to spell it the silly, copyrighted way), and I had a tremendously difficult time guessing who I was. According to Talon, I was a boy, and there was a shark and a tank in the picture. My name started with C, and ended with a. Yup, Cuba. Apparently, pictures of people trump names of countries for deciding between "who, what and where."

On Saturday, Mark and I lazed around all morning, and then spent the afternoon at Starbucks with coffee and reading materials (the New Yorker anniversary edition was AWESOME, I'm so glad that I caved in and bought it). I've decided that I officially love David Sedaris, and I wish somebody would introduce me in the way that he introduces his characters. To cap off a lovely day, we went to the Bloor to see Volver, which was wonderful and very, very beautifully shot.

Yesterday, Mark and I made cupcakes (chocolate ginger with grapefruit frosting - yum!) and headed down to Kensington to meet up with Ryan, Jenny, Jen and Matt for some sushi, and later some movies at Ryan & Jenny's place where we ate the aforementioned cupcakes.

And best of all, today I got my purring ball of fur back - thanks mom!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, those cupcakes sound yummy. If you send me the recipe I might even be interested enough to overcome laziness and get all of the ingredients!

Paula said...

What? You didn't see me? I was so totally there!