Friday, March 23, 2007

Pot Kettle Black

I guess before I get on anyone's (*cough* Megan *cough* Sharon even though you're in Cuba) case about not blogging recently, I should at least get one post in myself this week. I haven't felt like writing much lately, mostly because I'm franticly trying to find some meaning from the data I've gathered over the past year and am getting slightly despondent over the fact that I may not be able to write a compelling story about it. Such is research, I guess.

On the upside of things, I had a reconnection with one of my favourite people from high school this week. Through the all-popular facebook, I started catching up with Smitha. We'd been pretty close friends in grade nine & ten, and ended up drifting apart a bit by the end. Well, needless to say, we both ended up on facebook and found that we still have so many similar interests, and on Wednesday night I met up with her to chat over coffee and then later check out Basia's show with Sarah.

I had a really amazing time, and I must say that as much as I love Mark (and I love him to bits!!) it is so nice to have amazing girl (and other) friends in my life with whom I can go out and have a ton of fun and feel comfortable being a bit silly with. I am constantly amazed at the accomplishments of my friends (grad schools, publications, conferences, amazing jobs, putting out cds etc) and feel lucky to be close to so many talented people.

Also: today is my dad's birthday (happy birthday!) and Im going home for the celebratory dinner and then to dogsit while the parents take off to barbados. I'm only slightly jealous.

2 comments:

sarah said...

yeah, you are an amazing friend that just happens to be a girl. I'm so glad we get to hang out sometimes. :)

Jen said...

me too!!