Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Give me my hour back.

(will you let me keep the sunshine?)

I really, really love my friends. I've seen/talked to/heard from so many over the past few days that I'm almost feeling full of friends (a hard feeling to reach). Friday was spent with some unexpected wine, and newer friends. I somehow managed to convince people (me + wine interaction, I think) to come down to Lee's Palace to see Rock Plaza Central for an evening of robot horse rock, and it was amazing. People are fun (7 years of psychology summed up right there folks!).

I headed out to Whitby on Saturday, with a brand new batch of chocolate-ginger-grapefruit cupcakes and headed up to Mike's party with a whole bunch of old friends for some bonfires and milestone celebrating. I'm starting to feel fairly unaccomplished, like the letters following my name pale somewhat in comparison to the tangible accomplishments of my friends, who are getting good jobs, buying houses and starting families. I just hope that somehow it will be worth it, that I won't be just another Simpsons joke.




Other good things: Mark and I found some great cds at Deja Vu - Sunset Rubdown, Pele, and a find by Mark that I'll likely never remember the name of, but is good nonetheless. We took Indy to the Lake for some running around and stepping in mud. I tried skipping stones, with little luck! Mark took some really nice photos in celebration of the first really nice day of the year, and hopefully I can post those soon. Last night we got back to Toronto, and had dinner with Sharon and 24 with Maggie. A good weekend all around, and even though I'm tired for this week, I only have to make it through 3 more days before the next one :)

1 comment:

Paula said...

the pics look awesome! I wish I could have been there!
I'm sorry I couldn't talk more on the phone --- and I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet but I've been a bit under the weather and my voice isn't very strong...I know excuses excuses!
I hope all is well!!! Love ya!