Thursday, November 30, 2006

Add-a-y day!

Last night was fun, lots of it. I got to see mom's bff Peggy & some of her family, as they were visiting from Australia. I also had a realization about my childhood that may explain some things about my post-childhood (i.e., NOW): since I mostly talked with adults, I thought I was more adult-like than child-like. Now, I realize that the adulty speak to me is a far cry from adulty speak between adults. Damn. I got stuck with the restrainty adulty talk.

The show was pretty awesome - I got to see Sarah, meet her friends and make a bad pun within 1 minute of an introduction to a geophysicist (school of hard rocks HAHAHA). Plus/minus were really good and really interesting to listen to - one part sappy emo lyrics, one part crazy technical rhythms, and one part super cool. I picked up the cd and it's been in my head all day. We didn't get home until close to 2am, but the tiredness today is more than worth it.

Tonight I'm going to sleep.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Yay for shout outs! I too liked +/- very much so and I love your clever punnage. "I won't make the obvious joke" and we just looked at you blankly before you came up with the not so obvious... AND yay for the rebirth of passionate-about-music jen!!