Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Come-Down

So this week is supposed to be good. At least, the nights are.

Monday: Deerhoof concert. AWESOMENESS, right? And, I was feeling pretty awesome already, thanks to a new, wonderful coffee machine at work that may end up saving me lots and lots of money. And then I played stupid video games when Igot home and went to the deerhoof concert for 9:30 - to find out that they started playing at 9 - #$@#%$^%&^! The 15 minutes that we caught was fantastic though, with the encore (Gore in Rut) almost making it worth the $17/ticket. We left two songs into the next band (Fiery Furnaces), and were in bed by 11. Boo.

Tuesday: Halloween. Traditionally, one of my favourite nights of the year. I stayed in all night. Boo again. This I blame on everyone being to far away - I miss my girl's halloween nights! Also, I felt pretty uninspired in the costume department - even though I bought the clouds and snowflakes for my "cloudy with a chance of flurries" costume, I couldn't get over the fact that I was just ripping off Megan's idea. Again, this could be solved by having people live closer - my best inspiration ever came from Sharon's unfortunate raccoon-slaughter on her way over to my place one halloween (Jen = Roadkill Raccoon).

Last night worked out slightly better - after last week's class of defeat (I left halfway through feeling like I would NEVER grasp la Francaise), I had a good class last night. No feelings of panicked helplessness! Afterwards, I met up with Mark and Sara for some sushi, and felt like all was right in the world. Mark and I walked home, enjoyed our chats, and relaxed. Hopefully, tonight will be equally nice.

Also, I need to take Sharon's advice about appreciating things before you're forced to. But it's just so hard to be nice and rational and cheerful when you only have 25 minutes left for sleep...

3 comments:

megan said...

hey, pretty soon it will be vacation time, and then christmas time, and megan-visit time!!!

c'est la vie en rose.

but i know, sometimes instead of counting your blessings, it's good to complain about your blessings... makes everything more manageable! i hope you feel better today!

Jen said...

Yeah, I don't really feel 'bad,' just kind of 'blah.' I'll snap out of it!

megan said...

Jen! I have the perfect solution for your blahs. Go see Science of Sleep! I was feeling blah-y until I saw it. take mark! he'll love it too!

ps - i want full blog reportage of the basketball game!