Thursday, November 09, 2006

title track

I realized that I know the square root of three by heart, but only till five decimal places. Please comment with a random fact about yourself, even if I don't know you and/or you have just stumbled across this blog by accident.

Listening over and over to two versions of the title track to this post - I will maybe post it here later. Not now. Today has been a good day for music though, in the blogs AND SUCH, and I'm seriously considering caving and replacing my dear departed iBROKENFACEpod.

I'm getting scared at how much of a scaredy-cat I am in French class. I sit there, hoping not to be called upon, counting down the minutes and holding intense internal debates over whether I should stay for the whole thing, or skip out at the halftime break. I'm not sure how much I've learned over the past five (well, 4.5, see above) classes other than that making something into a past tense is a complicated ordeal, and maybe talking in the present tense all the time wouldn't be such a terrible thing. One good thing (?) is that after last night, I will now start referring to everybody as 'mon petit chou' and by chou I mean 'dear,' not 'cauliflower.'

Tonight, I'm finally getting around to seeing a St. Mike's Majors game after having lived across the street from the arena for the past 15 months. This is an OHL game, and they're playing the Saginaw Spirit (yes, I give full permission for the wtf? to anyone who knows anything about Ontario or Michigan geography). I'm pretty sure Mark and I will have Sufjan Stevens in our head the entire time (saginaw! saginaw! public trans! public trans!). If anyone is confuse at this point, let me know and I will email you a song.

8 comments:

megan said...

Seeing someone get out of their car and direct traffic during power outages chokes me up!

sarah said...

See! French class gives people headaches! I've thought so and now you've proven it!

And yay for Surfjan Stevens!

Paula said...

I can't set my alarm for 8:01am it has to either be 8:00am or 8:02am.

Unknown said...

I have a theory that irrational numbers like the squrt of 3 are the link between mathamatics and language

Sharon said...

lonokay well I don't think I have any idea what most of that post meant... but doesn't chou mean cabbage not cauliflower? At least when my teacher used to call us that, I thought it meant, my little cabbage.

Jen said...

Well, its true that by chou, I didn't mean cauliflower.... but you're right, it is cabbage. Thanks for pointing out my skills de merde in French ;) In association with 'mon petit,' it does mean dear though - although 'my little cabbages' would be equally cute.

travis said...

kind of similar - i know pi to the 9th decimal pt.

Jen said...

9 decimal places > 5 decimal places, you win the gold math trophy!