Monday, November 06, 2006

It's the weekend update!

Raptors! Since I don't know very much about b-ball, highlights included seeing some beautiful slam dunks, and the cutest little girl sitting behind us ("mom, when can I talk to Chris Bosh? I want to tell him that I saw him on TV!"). But the best thing ever: Samuel L. Jackson was there. So cool!

On Saturday, Mark, my dad and I went house-checking with Sharon. We saw a couple out on the Danforth that were fantastic - one felt like a really homey cottage, but would have been too small for a family. It did end up me want to buy a house... and it's nice to see that there are some homes that are nice, IN Toronto, and slightly affordable. The last house we checked out COULD be perfect - if nobody snaps it up before Sharon's house sells. SO - if anyone knows anyone who has a perverse desire to live outside of London, I know of a lovely end town-home for sale for a very reasonable price - jump to it! I also got an out-of-the-blue call from John, finding out that not only was he in town, but he wanted to do stuff! After I cured my withdrawal headache with an emergency choffee, Sharon, Mark and I headed down to the old Spaghetti factory and had a mini Cuba reunion (although, there was no ham in sight to go with the cheese). We took the party back to John's hotel, where Sharon and I bitched about the ignorant people in her life, and then watched SNAKES ON A PLANE - finally!!

Yesterday ended up being one of the most productive days that I've had in a really long time - Sharon dropped us off just past 9 am, and we proceeded to 'get shit done' for a whole 8 hours. Cleaning, laundry, cooking, purging... it was unbelievable. The result was a very clean apartment, and a successful (if tardy) Cuban feast (so the tardy kinda works if we think of it as a theme dinner...) with Mark's family, and a mini-celebration (also tardy) of Matt's birthday. John came by for that too, so the conversation was lively and the night was very enjoyable. So much John in one weekend!

All in all, it was a successful, and unexpectedly friend-filled weekend. I'm declaring myself officially recovered from my blahs.

No comments: