Saturday, June 17, 2006

To be fair, it was in the fashion section...

Toronto Star:

Helping people who can read at a grade eight level do math at a grade eight level. Thanks TorStar!

"A study released Monday on the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology website suggests that 24 per cent of Americans between 18 and 50 are tattooed. That's almost one in four."

Also, my mom and I disagree on sleeve tattoos. Some of them are gorgeous, and I'm sad that they're still considered taboo - not that I can picture myself sitting for hours on end getting one. My one little guy is enough for me, I think, and does a fine job putting me into the "cooler than 76 percent of Americans, which is also almost 3 in 4 peoples!!"

8 comments:

Jen said...

No, not actually. It's all part of a complicated lie that culminated in Deborah asking how large it was, and me giving her an approximation in inches squared, so I could make a joke about TorStar trying to explain that concept.

Anonymous said...

That, and it explains the need for corn flakes in contemporary society.

sarah said...

sleeves are hot! I would love to get one... or date somebody with one.

Unknown said...

hey there smarty pants: 76% is not almost 3 out of 4 peoples, its a little more then three out of four. Who's laughing now?

Jen said...

76% IS almost 3 out of 4, in that it is CLOSE in NUMBER. Jerkass. I realize that it may sound slightly more accurate if I said 76% is slightly more than 3 out of 4, but they are STILL CLOSE IN NUMBER.

And yes Sarah, I do agree. Although I can't picture Mark with sleeves and despite the nitpickyness noted above, I will not dump him for somebody that would suit a sleeve.

In my case, I think my arms are a bit too untoned to carry off sleeves, but I think they'd look really good on you!

megan said...

hahaha, "taboo tattoo." It rhymes!

Sharon said...

umm... is it bad that it took me four tries before I understood what the hell this blog was about? I think that puts me in the bottom 24%.... that's dumber than dumb!

Sharon said...

oh yeah... and if you don't have a tatoo -- who is donning that little dove on their lower pelvic region???? Must be another Jen dating Mark doing her masters thesis in neuroscience at York... small world!