Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Paula's captions are way funnier tham my captions.

So I've just capped off my half-week of laziness/hedonism by registering for the MCAT -my summer is all downhill from here. Now, you can officially glare at me if I'm out and about, because really, I shouldn't be. I should either have my nose buried in a (take your pick of) physics/chemistry/bio/nasty combination of physics/chemistry/bio textbook. If I'm not doing that, I should at least be working on my thesis. I should not be out/about/smiling, at least until the 19th of August at 5:30 pm. Thank god I baked banana bread before the MCAT madness officially began, because post-registration jen definitely needed a warm slice with melty butter to cheer herself up. It worked, a little.

Oh yeah - hedonism week 2006 involved TWO solo date nights, each featuring a movie and one featureing haagen daaz raspberry sorbet. The other one featured microwave popcorn, which I hadn't had in more than a year, and my rediscovery of it was vile and disgusting - that stuff is not fit for anything. I give two scarecrows up to Howl's Moving Castle, and two slightly moistened thumbs up to Thumbsucker.

Last night, Ainaz and I went to see Band of Horses (click for mp3s) at Lee's, and they were absolutely fantastic, although Lee's was a steamy boiler room. I think them 'Mercan bands were shocked to find so much head up here in the North. I'd always considered BoH to be somewhat endearing - their name, for starters was a sure draw for me, their website features cute horsey designs, and I've seen a press pohot floatinbg around everywhere that has them posing with an adorable dog. Nothing coiuld have prepared me for the complete and utter devestation by cuteness that I experienced last night - everything that came out of singer Benjamin Bridwell's mouth made me feel like I was being buried under a pile of puppies and kittens. The music was awesome too - so much crashing and swelling, and quietness and plucking, hooray!

Wait - I'm enjoying myself due to thinking of music - crap - I have to go glare at a textbook now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. Band of Horses. Im going to miss a whole summer of awesome shows this summer aren't I? Blast.

Jen said...

Maybe they will add an Asian leg to ther tour?

If you do get a chance to see them, go. They're better live than recorded!