Friday, December 15, 2006

New Arcade Fire!

Firstly: I'm not sure if he was the first, but Matt from You Ain't No Picasso has posted a new Arcade Fire song, Intervention, which was recently played on the BBC. Awesome.

Last night was lots of fun (and too mush sushi). We went with friends (incl. special guest Jason Jang, back from Korea) to Sushi Island for all-you-can-eat (aka see how much Mark can eat), and pushed everything to the limit. Post-indulgence, we waddled over to Sneaky Dee's to see Germans and Bocce (w/ Faceless Lazers). Bocce really blew me away - I'd heard some OK stuff from them on CD but they were danceably great live. It was a good night.

Also, I bought a hat. I feel a bit like a hat poser, but I like it.

Edit: I have no idea who two of the bands showing up on my top five (look left) are. Apparently, I like them, and am listening to them without knowing their names.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'd just like to let Mark know he could out eat me with sushi anyday - now california rolls may be a different story!

Unknown said...

If you like Bocce, you should come here and see them at the Grad house. They play in Waterloo all the time.

sarah said...

Hats are difficult to pull off. I always buy them with the best intentions and then put them on when I get home and they always look stupid. I wish you better luck with your new hat than I have had.

Sharon said...

I'd just like to say that my jetlagged mind might be a bit perverted, cuz what I just read from Paula's comment to Mark was so wrong.... I need sleep.

Jen said...

Sharon - LOL it's not just you, it took me a few reads too!!! California rolls? More like ROLLS IN THE HAY.

Deborah: With them being from there, I would imagine so ;) But I'm grateful to you and J for giving me the heads up on them!

Sarah: I don't believe you. You're a hat person if I've ever seen one.