Tuesday, December 19, 2006

No Winter for a Year

Things are really starting to pick up. I can't believe that a week from now, Christmas will be over, I'll have been to Quebec and back for the Kowgier's lovely Christmas ski trip tradition, AND hopefully I'll have wrapped/given most of my gifts (which, for the most part, have been bought). I'm not even on my holidays yet!

Tonight:



Mom's coming downtown after work and we're going to see White Christmas at the Bloor, possibly with her Whitby friends - good times! I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I've ever seen the movie, and for some reason, I'm on a huge Christmas movie kick right now.

And now, the weekend recap:

Mark and I spent most of Friday night working on Christmas gifts, in preparation for the annual potluck with my high school friends. I'm so happy that I got to go to it this year; normally I miss it due to the ski trip, or other conflicts. Mark finally got to meet everyone, and I got to relax and chat with people that I haven't seen, in some cases, for six years. On a sad note: I may have ruined my reputation as the baker. Instead of making a cheesecake for the party, I brought (gasp!!) a store-bought Christmas log cake. I'm hanging my head in shame RIGHT NOW. The gang, all growed up:



On Sunday, Mark and I went with my mom's side of the family to Langdon Hall in Cambridge for a double birthday (mom's and nana's) brunch. It was beautiful - a great location, great food, and as always, a fun time with that group. Mark and I headed back downtown afterwards, and spent the night baking cookies and cuddling up on the couch to watch Elf. Hooray for the holidays!

No comments: