Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tealicious

I'm consideriing trying to kick the caffeine habit. Now that I've finished all of my pressing committments, I no longer need anything to push my body to work longer than it wants to (granted, it wants to work less because of the caffeine) and thus don't need 3-4 cups/day. However, my cold turkey attempt yesterday failed miserably, which resulted in a zombie-like Jen from 10-12 & 2-6 (the two hour reprieve from zombieness was due to a NAP), and caving to the temptation of tea with dinner. I felt SO good after that tea that it actually made me reconsider my desire to cut caffeine from my life. I know it's part of the addiction process, but the contrast expeienced post-caffeine really makes you appreciate how good you feel. I guess if I didn't have caffeine withdrawal making me feel like sleepy poo in the first place, I wouldn't need my dose to make me feel better, but then, would I really appreciate the goodness when I can't compare it to the badness?

I guess for now, I'll try and limit myself to that one delicious tea per day.

Also, I finally bought me some new shoes, black pumps with a heel that's not too little or too big. It's time to go somewhere fancy enough to wear them! Possibly... a tea party?!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Possibly a tea party or one of the weddings soon approaching!!!
Are you planning on wearing the same Cuba outfit for Sharon's shindig here in Canada?
Also - in trying to kick the fit... try adding more milk to the drink - thus slowly loweringthe moment you consumer!

Anonymous said...

I had a little incident a couple years ago while writing my final paper for a history class. I managed to finish 4 XL coffees at Tim hortons within an hour and a half without knowing it. That night and the next morning I felt like crap, I mean not even alcohol has ever made me feel that bad. After that night I gave it all up.

and thats my story

Anonymous said...

Probably better to give it up now. My mom used to drink 14-15 cups a day, until it made her arms numb... now she's all about the herbal fruitiness.

Jen said...

Paula - Definitely a Tea Party. I'm hoping to not wear an outfit warranting black shoes to any of the weddings! Also, was that last sentence supposed to read "slowly lowering the amount you consume?"

I think I'm just ging to try tostick to one coffee equivalent per day - then it's not too bad. I already have 1/2 hot chocolate, so it's not like I'm drinking too much in 1 cup.

And Deborah... that's nuts. I can't een fathom it!

yellow_mustard_girl said...

I have enormous respect for anyone that can actually come close to kicking caffeine. Not only am I addicted, but I love coffee. I love everything about it. Luckily, I don't need 10-100 cups a day to keep me going but I like it so much I probably drink MORE than my body needs. My poor kidneys.
But huzzah for you! Tea is awesome...I wouldn't worry about giving it up. It's those triple-shot espressos you need to watch out for :)

(runs to coffee pot)