Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Parentheses

I'm super excited about the new Blow album that's going to come out in the near future. I've heard two songs from it so far, and have completely fallen in love with "parentheses." Such a cute and catchy song, and I can't wait to hear a better quality version (myspace isn't really known for it's great sound...). Anyways, I've never seen the Blow, and don't yet have any of their releases, but I'm pretty sure that they're my favourite cute band. Best.

Camping recap: fun! Aside from packing in everything but the kitchen sink, it was awesome. We had a beautiful site on Stratton lake, a short hike away from natural water slides! NATURAL WATER SLIDES. I'm hoping to get some pics soon to put up, but to sate your questioning minds, naturatual water slides are big smooth boulders in rapids that you can slide down without too much discomfort or skin scrapeage. These were also very close to small cliffs above deep pools of water perfect for jumping and practising your best corkscrew/jacknife/cannonball. There will hopefully be some videos coming soon to a youtube near you.

Two weeks to thesis defense.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I was a kid I almost drowned in a natural water slide, some 'fat' guy saved me. When I was older I went back to the same place, and once again some 'fat' guy saved me.

What are the chances of that happening twice?

Jen said...

It probably has something to do with buoyancy :) Thanks for giving me an excuse to use that word!

Anonymous said...

buoyancy: you know what this word reminds me of, the classic tv show the Edison Twins.(I have absolutley no idea why) Did you ever see this show???

Jen said...

I didn't ever see the show, what does that mean?

Anonymous said...

it doesnt mean anything, the show was just the first thing that came to my mind, but for no apparent reason, just a very random word association.

But as for the show, well it was the greatest thing when I was a kid. It was short lived in the beginning to mid 80's

you have to check out the last link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083410/

http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/edisontwins.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edison_Twins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMAK0N3U8k

Sharon said...

i remember the Edison Twins!! They were like fraternal twin geniuses who were always mcgyvering their way in and out of problems using physics and various engineering skills... it was great!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what would have happened if they actually ever met mcgyver


Kevbo

Jen said...

I'm imagining duelling resourcefulness, and possibly some ninjas.