Thursday, August 17, 2006

I give this day 6 stars.

My thesis is done!!! Done, and wrapped in stupidly expensive covers, and all but one has been delivered to my committee! Also, labmates have made today "baked goods day," so I've been indulging in delicious oatmeal cookies, egg tarts, and at may point might get into some cake. Because MY THESIS IS DONE! And not to jinx myself before I actually have to get up and defend it (Sept. 12), but I think it's pretty darn good. It's a tight little bundle of concisety (don't worry, I didn't use any made-up word IN the thesis). In other goodness news, my supervisor took the lab out for lunch, and remarked about how good mine and Seem's theses were, hooray!

As if the goodness was going to stop there: the news has been good too! Merck was reprimanded for the Vioxx fiasco, the NSA got told to stop eavesdropping on people's phone calls, and snakes on a plane opens tonight. Hooray!

I will return, and start fully celebrating, after saturday.

4 comments:

yellow_mustard_girl said...

Hoo-ray!! Congrats on the thesis. I'm sure it will rock. And if you run into problems defending it, just release a box full of poisonous snakes into the room. That should resolve the problem :)

Sharon said...

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! Congratulations on getting through the grind!! I'm sure you won't need reminding - but do please soak up all the sweetness of celebrating this success!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a day of delicious foods and delicious accomplishments. Congrats.

megan said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!

i just called you and left a message about internet but that was BEFORE i saw this... so really my message should have been, "YAY JEN, YOU'RE THE BEST I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT YOU ROCK etc etc.." which is what i will say next time i talk to you.

ps - i'm going to see snakes on a plane this week!!!!

ps - still curious about your internet provider.... who should i get for mtl??