Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Go Potato!

Last night was a double whammy: 24 party (aka: Jaime comes over to watch 24), AND Scrabble: Election Edition. 24 was hilarious, as apparently, the time it takes to get in the car will let terrorists get away - obviously this is the reason that Curtis jumped on the outside of the CTU car and rode killer agent style across the airport. The first lady will also be changing her official name to The I'm-not-crazy-but-I-sure-am-busty Lady.

Nicole killed us at election Scrabble with her bonus points for some election related word. I almost got a scrabble, but there was nowhere on the board that I could play my awesome word (which was hilarity). Next time I think we need drinks.

While I was hoping that Canada wouldn't get a Conservative government, I'm not actually completely dissapointed with last night's outcome. I'm quite pleased that the NDP picked up so many seats, and that the conservatives earned few enough seats that they'll have to play nice with at least one other party in order to stay in power. I'm hoping that means less drastic tax cuts (and thus fewer cuts to social programs), no attacks on the constitution, and some nice compromises. I think I'm a fan of minority governments.

Wierdness of the night: While watching the CBC and seeing my home riding become Conservative, I noticed someone familiar in the background, eating something from a plastic plate. It was my dad, and apparently, Conservatives don't celebrate with cake. They turn to potato salad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that the current situation isn't quite as bad as every left wing person may first see. it's a minority government! nothing will get done. it'll just give time for the libs to regain popularity.

Anonymous said...

Or if we're really lucky, more people will see the fallacy with both the conservatives and the liberals...