Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sufjan Stevens 'Illinois' was supposed to be out yesterday, but is going to be held back for a while since they decided to put Superman on the cover without checking with DC Comics first... and now the world has to wait to hear the fantasticness. Pitchfork gave it a 9.2 - its going to get huge methinks. I'm hoping that I'll still get the one I pre-ordered, since it supposedly shipped a few days ago, and then I'll have me a nice collector's item :)

In the meantime, I'm listening to lots of Smog - got it last night on a whim at Soundscapes, and its BEAUTIFUL.

Winter weather is not my soul
But the biding for spring...

Why’s everybody looking at me
Like there’s something fundamentally wrong
Like I’m a southern bird
That stayed north too long

Winter exposes the nest
Then I’m gone


Beautiful.

No comments: