Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A breath of fresh air.

Things are cooling down now, literally and figuratively. I finally got a good night's sleep (under the covers even!) now that its a bit cooler, and my head is a little less worried. Things are looking good on the homefront, and in school. I finally worked up the nerve to ask someone to be on my advisory comittee (and being super-nice, they agreed), and now I guess I'm ready to get down to some serious work (Nicole, watch out...)

I also keep forgetting to bring my usb cable in, so the big photo update will have to wait.

One more thing: I'm reading 'A Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry and I've resolved that the next book I read will be light-hearted and uplifting. All of my recent reads, including this one, have been absolutely beautiful but incredibly depressing. A Fine Balance is set in India during the Emergeny declared by Indira Ghandi in the 70's, and the complete lack of human rights is unbelievable. It makes me really upset that humans are capable of such things, and really really lucky to have been born into a world where we really don't have to experience anything like it.

No comments: