Thursday, July 28, 2005

horses in the sky

Things are getting back to normal, which means that I'm still way too busy for my tastes (but then again, when things slow down I'm always bored). Went to see A Silver Mt. Zion with Mark, Matt and Michael, and forgot to bring along my camera so there won't be any pictures unless I find them on the interweb. I repeat: massive photopost to come (or maybe not).

The show was very much worth staying up till 1:30 on a weeknight, and coming back to the city a day early for. That band is heartbreaking and beautiful - chills and tears came often. I wish I had time to see them again - they're playing tonight and tomorrow night, both shows still at the Tranzac.

But tonight and tomorrow bring ther fun things: Tonight is Stef's going away party at Fran and Hugh's, with a stop in at Sneak's to see the Burdocks if time permits. Tomorrow is the long-awaited road trip, which has finally been given a destination - Montreal! The trip will be a roaring success if I can manage to pull an all nighter, and only slightly less succesful if all we manage to do is get a really big poutine and see the Big Apple (y'know, that giant APPLE on the side of the 401 that I've always wanted to go to).

Also, Sufjan finally came in the mail, and it's the limited edition superman cover. It's beautiful (the music, not the cover).


(I use parentheses a lot)

One really nice thing that came out of this weekend: Maggie is wonderful. Dan's also kinda cool.

No comments: