Thursday, April 12, 2007

*

Awww, Kurt Vonnegut passed away. It's been a while since I read any of his books, so I can't recall any quotes off the top of my head other than *. Here's a good one that I stumbled across today, from God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater:

“Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the
winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got
about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies —
‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’”

Thanks for all of the wonderful words.

4 comments:

megan said...

Another good Vonnegut quote, that I remember from Slaughterhouse Five, and seems appropriate for Vonnegut himself now:

"So it goes."

Phronk said...

Heheh, *.

It sucks that he's gone. Soon there won't be any good writers left alive.

Jen said...

I believe that someone once said that all the best writers are dead.

PS Megan that doesn't mean you! Please don't die!

Unknown said...

A Vonnegut Quote:

this quote starts with A Vonnegut Quote and ends with pweeet.

pweeet.

(That might be a little obscure, but it's also from Slaughterhouse V)

~JS