Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friends in Bellwoods

Jaime, Mark, Sharon and I went down to the Tranzac tonight to see the Friends in Bellwoods release show (Sharon was a nice surprise - I'd expectd her to be knee-deep in bunk-bed parts all night!). It was a really solid lineup (The D'Urbervilles, Sebastien Grainger, OhBijou, and the Paramedics - a Bry Webb solo project HOW EXCITING) and it couldn't have been more packed if it tried. We managed to be almost first in line at the door, snagged some of the few remaining tickets, and wedged ourselves into the crowd to enjoy the show. The Paramedics, who might possibly rename themselves 'The Splinters' were really, really good, although with Snailhouse and Bry Webb on vocals they couldn't really have been otherwise.

The D'Urbervilles:




The Paramedics:



The paramedics sometimes have a Zylophoner (ullulater? what?):



And for Megan, Bry Webb:


Voice of an angel, that man.

Sebastien Grainger was good, and my feet took me home before ohbijou, sadly, because I love them (them being ohbijou, I was not pleased with my hurty feet tonight). Tomorrow, I get to sleep in, which is probably the best thing ever, and the study my ass off.

4 comments:

jaime said...

this show was wonderful.
thanks for telling me about it!

megan said...

mmm bry... yummy!

jaime said...

also -
damn those sexy shoes!!!

Jen said...

Sexy like a painful fox.