Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007: Optimism

After a fantastic New Year's weekend at Paula's (pics to come), I arrived home to 4 wonderful things:

1) A letter from my landlord/the city, informing me of a zero-point-eight-two percent rent reduction.... wooo?!
2) A completely unexpected box from Insound, which contained a wonderful 7" featuring Jens Lekman. Insound, you rule.
3) Mark's Valentine's present, ordered after, but arriving before, his still m.i.a. Christmas present.
4) The first issue of my Walrus subscription! Thanks M! I'm in love with the cover, a wonderful display of colour, with the word optimism printed very secretly across the rainbow. I've decided to make it the theme of my year (I have yet to decide between secret optimism or in-your-face optimism).

In that vein, here are some of the things that I'm looking forward to:

- Budgeting (this may be too optimistic), not fun in itself but will result in
- A fantastic world trip! France? Spain? Poland? India? WHO KNOWS!??!
- Learning more French.
- Studying (I've only been out of school for 3 months and already I'm yearning for the grind...).
- Fantastic local trips! Whether they be to Mtl., Windsor, or even to Greektown.
- Greektown! Sharon is moving there TODAY and I'm very, very excited.
- A Japanese experience, I've even got a new dress for it (thanks Mr.M, it was a super Christmas surprise).

I also resolve to send in my taxes this year, and possibly also last year's taxes...

No comments: