Monday, June 12, 2006

Sad News


I received an email last night from one of my friends from my undergrad days, with news of the death of one of our other friends. I know the name will be meaningless to most of you, but Paul Ohashi was a very special person, full of life and one of the most good-natured people I have ever met. He was on a round the world trip, and died while mountain climbing in Indonesia. Its so sad that this happened - it sounds like this trip should have beent he experience of a lifetime, something that would shape him and leave him a better person - I'm sad that he won't get to tell anyone now of his incredible adventures upon coming back home. At the same time, he really was living his life to the fullest and I am somewhat awed and envious of that - he died while making something really special of his life. We weren't super-close, but I still would consider him to be a friend and am glad that he was part of my life for a short while. Paul, you'll be missed. To the rest of you reading this: know that you're my friend, and I love you and am grateful that you are in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear it, jen.
my sincere condolences.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with you.
Mel.

Jen said...

Thanks guys.