Friday, October 26, 2007

FINE

Since somebody *cough*sharon*cough* has been hassling me about my lack of posts, here we go. In my defense, I've been too busy talking to people in real life to put stuff on the internet, and most of the stuff I want to talk about is not the stuff I want to be stumbled upon here.

Some things:

The Welcome Home Warming party that Mark planned was great. There was lots of fun, and great people, and vodka ahoy. Some of us were the worse for wear the next day, but some croissants in Trinity-Bellwoods made our stomachs happy anyways. All of our couches have been broken in by sleepover guests and I got to spend some good times with Paula who came all the way from Windsor for the night! It was great having her, Maggie, Sharon and John (all of my London 'girls') here for the night.

Now, I'm getting ready for a potluck. I'm thinking brownies and maybe something else...

I'm getting really excited for Sharon, who may have a husband in her house by this time next week. WOOOO!

Also: Atrish is coming to visit! YAY!!! I have to think of super fun things to do this weekend, hopefully involving Halloween parties and sushi. I made myself a hooded cape yesterday - I just have to decide whether to be red riding hood, zombie red riding hood (I know, it's stupid), or some yet to be determined superhero.

Speaking of making things, you may have noticed the quantity of housewifey things I've been up to. I'm unemployed, and starting to worry about it a bit. BUT I have an interview lined up for Monday, and hopefully some other prospects as well. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

thanks Jen...

I don't think you guyz understand how much I love reading your posts - it's almost like getting a flower delivery or opening your mail box to find a postcard, or wedding invitation *cough*. And no amount of face time will ever quite fill the void of being able to pop by and visit your thoughts - it's really quite fulfilling.

Anyway - about this red-caped superhero... I'm thinking something like Martha Stewarty... proctrastibaker... (*which reminds me I passed by a U of T building yesterday which was called the faculty of Household Science) Maybe Little Red Ride-a-bake-alot, and you could have Annie as your sidekick chocolate chip. Or... You could be flambe gone bad... Or SuperJen the Clumsy and the red cape is blood-soaked from using sharp knives in the kitchen while domesticatingly preparing pies or soup. Just some suggestions.

sarah said...

good luck Jen!

I'm unemployed too. I oughtta call you to hang out during the week while we are bums.

:)

Jen said...

SHARON I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Sarah, Yes!