Saturday, October 13, 2007

And she's back!

Wow. For the first time in almost four months, my feet are on Canadian soil. It really feels surreal - I can't believe that my travels, for the moment, are over. I've missed Canada, my friends, my family, for so long. It's good to be home, but I know I'm going to miss the freedom of my travels. But, now its time to find myself a job, pay off the bills, and settle into life in one place.

Tomorrow, I get to see Mark for the first time in more than two months. I'm unbelievably excited - it's impossible to sit around home but equally impossible to focus on a task for long enough to get it done. Mark has found us a new apartment and I get to move in tomorrow. Little Italy, here I come! Today, I'm procrastinating from packing, but hopefully I'll manage to at least bundle together a coherent collection of clothes - I can worry about the rest later.

I'll post a trip update later, for now here's a random image from my day: I went to Chapters to pick up a New Yorker (yay! the one Western luxury that I've missed!) and glancing out into the mall, I saw a grown man (grey hair and all) riding a mechanical giraffe, with a soother in his mouth. Way to go Oshawa, you just got weirder.

3 comments:

Roz said...

WOW Jen!!

welcome back!

how exciting for you, and a new place with your hunny to boot!!

sarah said...

Hey Jen! You're back and so close to me now! Yay! Welcome!!!

Sharon said...

yeah back for 2 weeks and still hasn't re-blogged with anything...

I think she might become Jen the anti-blogger translucent unemployed housewife.

But I hear she makes great soup.