Saturday, December 12, 2009

In my head I'm hearing lovesongs.

I don't know how we could be so lucky as to find a massive traffic jam on the QEW at 2:30 in the morning, but somehow we are. Still, we were in Toronto tonight to see the Constantines 10th anniversary show, so the commute is very worth it. I always count on the Cons live show to renew my love of live shows, and I've left Lee's Palace tonight ready for more. We started off the night with Sushi on Bloor (can't seem to stop going there no matter how many times they get shut down by Public Health) and then went to the green beanery to wake ourselves up after our self-induced sushi coma! We met up with some undergrad friends who were also headed to the show and then got to Lee's early enough to get right up front.

John K Samson of the Weakerthans started off the night, playing a mix of Weakerthans songs and his solo stuff, with some peotry thrown in to spice things up. That guy is in the running for cutest singer ever, maybe edging a slight lead over Band of Horses' Ben Bridwell by playing recordings of his cat purring as the between song banter!

Attack in Black were next - I hadn't heard about them other than their name and that they're from st catharines. They were a lot better than I suspected from the name ( in my head they were a metal'd up alexisonfire).


And constantines? All I'll say is that they lived up to their own high standard. They've given 10 tears of solid albums and shows and I'm hoping for many more. Also, they should always have John K Samson special guest for them - his crowd surf was pretty funny too, and I got to hoist him back to stage/touch his bum (ew/woo?). As a special bonus, we ran into more friends and spent the majority of the show sandwiched between wonderful people. I'll try to add pics soon!

3 comments:

megan said...

definitely woo!

my word verification word is "hotogr". Hot ogre? Mark, that should be the title of your second novel.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
King David Moving & Storage said...

This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. Chicago Moving Company I salute writers like you for doing a great job!