Wednesday, November 29, 2006

+/-

I'm getting excited about going to concerts again, mostly do to the realization that I'm really going to regret squandering my time in Toronto. This doesn't mean that I've decided to move away any time soon, I've just decided to stop taking the music scene for granted. I could probably see a good show 3 times per week if I wanted to. Things like money, laziness, feeling older than/disconnected from the music scene are holding me back, for no good reason. Shows are cheap, I'm not by nature lazy, and I'm not old - I just have an insecure brain that debates things too much.

While tonight's already pretty busy (I'm going to be seeing an old family friend who's here briefly from Australia), I'm going to try my very very hardest to get to one of my favourite places (Sneaky Dee's) for an amazing free show, +/-. I'm also planning to hit up some more in the next few weeks - passionate-about-music Jen is being reborn. Hooray!

Link

6 comments:

Paula said...

the trews were in windsor last night playing a random bar - and a few of us were going to go see it if we had been productive and finished our papers that are due today - needless to say we didn't make it to the concert --

jaime said...

yeah!!
there are a couple shows coming up in the next week that i want to check out, and you and mark should come along!

getting back into music together!

Jen said...

Paula, thanks for calling last night! you're the bestest!

And Jaime, which ones?!?!?!

jaime said...

knock knock ginger, who are a fun indie pop band from waterloo december the 6th, and the germans and bocce are playing on the 14th.

you in?

Jen said...

Sounds good! Count me in for both.

jaime said...

this is good and exciting news.
thanks.