Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Procrasti-city


Who would have thought that at 27, I'd still be procrastinating from school work? I have an impressive ability to wake up at a reasonable hour* (ok, this didn't happen today), and piss away the day until dinner without having done any actual work. Oh I find plenty of interesting stuff to read - the New York Times puts up new content fequently throughout the day and damn it makes me feel all smart n' stuff. I learn about new music, look at LOLcats (yes I sink that low, please don't judge), but when it comes to actual work,at times I have the attention span of a flea.

This isn't to say that I never get work done or that I never get some quality *on-topic* learning done, I just don't really have much control over when that happens. I also make up for days like today with days where I am up and at lecture/in tutorial/nose in a journal article from 8am to midnight. So maybe days like today are actually making up for those days?

Main point: thank you to my blogging friends, writers at the New York Times, and the LOLcats for helping me out.

* related to waking up at reasonable hours... yesterday I found what I thought would be the perfect 'wake-up-get-going-enjoy-yourself' song, one that would kick in hard immediately and not make me hit the snooze (FYI I'm talking about Contantines, something from Kensington Heights). EVEN THAT FAILED.

1 comment:

Phronk said...

I think procrastination gets worse with age. Probably because we get better at it with so much practice.