Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fistful of Love

I'm really starting to love my status as a fill-in for CHRY: I have none of the pressure of having to plan for and organize a weekly show, but all of the benefits of being able to be on the air basically as frequently as I want. I got a call last night from the station manager, who needed someone for this morning, which gave Mark and I a chance to do our first show together in a long time. It was perfect: great songs, great theme (yes, it was a bit predictable), great cohost, and great confidence/on-air banter. It felt good. And thanks to the world-class speedy advertising service provided by Nicole, I even had people listening all the way from Cambridge University in England!!

Fistful of Love (Love and Anti-Love Songs)
featuring: Haywood, The Constantines, The Magnetic Fields, Young and Sexy, Weezer (Pinkerton), Sloan, The Meligrove Band, Hayden, Antony and the Johnsons, Julie Doiron, Snailhouse, The Arcade Fire, The Walkmen, Wilco, and ending off with Allergic to Love by Eric's Trip.

The rest of today will contain some low-key Valentine's activities with the man who loves me, which probably will entail buying underwear on sale and eating some sushi. I made a kickass valentine that I'll try to post soon, after it's been delivered.

Also, check out Megan's awesome post about our weekend which also features many photos in addition to this photo of these two hot ladies:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you buy any new underwear, and if so is it pink and with big hearts?